8.16.2010

Gluten Free and Eating So Good

Hi again! When I first started eating gluten free I was at a loss.  So much stuff has gluten in it that I had no idea what I could eat.  So for those of you who are in the same boat, here's what I've been eating!
Chex Kellogg's cereal (it says gluten free right on the box!)
Eggs and bacon
Homemade smoothies made with fresh fruit
Betty Crocker gluten-free baked goods (including cookies, and brownies!)
Salads
Mexican food with corn tortillas in stead of flour tortillas
Wraps with lunch meats, cream cheese, lettuce and tomato using white corn tortillas
Meat
Hamburgers, minus the bun
Kettle chips (Not all kettle chips are gluten free, I stick with the Kettle brand, it says gluten free right on the bag!)
Lay's Stax
Home made pasta and macaroni & cheese using gluten free noodles
Popcorn
Rice Cakes
Potatos
Mission Brand tortilla chips
Salsa
Rice
Some brands of soy sauce
Fruit
Vegetables
Rice pudding
Ice cream (be careful of what brands and what flavors though)
Lumpia springrolls
Be careful, things containing Barley Malt, Wheat, and Flour all have gluten.  So Corn Flakes and rice crispies are a no go!
Be creative when you are cooking! I have been substituting Originial Flavor Lay's Stax for croutons in my salads, I go to Fast Food restaurants and order a burger and fries, remove the bun and eat the burger with fries on top, and I've been using corn tortillas as a substitute for bread a lot.  Make sure to do your reasearch and you will find all kinds of delicious gluten free recipes.  Eventually you will barely notice that you are eating totally different from before! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment