8.02.2010

Rice Bread!

I was inspired to start this blog by a loaf of bread.  It's called rice bread.  In fact it was so delicious and perfect that I had to tell everybody I could!  Let me start at the beginning.  I have fibromyalgia, and I've spent this last couple of years experimenting and researching and trying to find ways to stop hurting!  So far I've found that weekly massages, chiropractic, and acupuncture have done wonders! My pain is already way less just from those three things.  I also received some great advice from a family friend who also suffers from fibromyalgia.  She told me to try eating gluten free for two weeks.  She said that it made a world of difference in how she felt, and that a lot of people with fibromyalgia are also gluten intolerant.  You should know at this point that I'm German and Italian, loving bread and pasta is in my blood! However, I reluctantly took her advice and started eating gluten free.  I did it for two weeks and then started eating gluten again.  Once I started eating gluten again I also started getting really bad stomach aches and just generally feeling awful.  So I'm back to eating gluten free and feeling way better.  That's where the rice bread comes in! The day I started eating gluten free again I started having serious bread cravings.  I looked all over online and finally came across a recipe for rice bread.  I figured I'd give it a try.  I'm not claiming to be a chef by any means.  But that bread came out absolutely perfect.  It was easy to make, it is gluten free, and it tastes great!!!  So here are my recommendations for the day.  If you haven't already tried massages, acupuncture, and chiropractic give it a try!!! You'll be surprised at how well it works.  Also I challenge you to eat gluten free for two weeks.  See if eating gluten free will help you out as much as it's helped me. 
Let me know how it goes for you.  If you are suffering from fibromyalgia and have found something that helps you, no matter how big or small it is let me know! E-mail me at fibrofreakout@gmail.com  or just post a comment, I'd love to hear from you!!!
Remember, don't ever give up! Your fibrofam knows how you feel, we're here to support each other.  Gentle hugs to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment