8.19.2010

Muscle soothing

I had my weekly massage today.  I definitely needed it! My muscles were ridiculously tense, as I imagine yours are.  I talked to my massage therapist afterward and got some great home remedies for relaxing those muscles.
Here they are, just for you!

Emergen-C packs.  I take two a day, normally earlier in the day. 
Laying in the sun for some Vitamin D
Stretch
A hot bath with Epsom Salts
A hot foot soak, with Epsom Salts, Sea Salt, or even table salt, and a little bit of olive oil
(hot water is also great for swelling! I soak my hands in hot water when they swell up)

I plan on giving the foot soak a try today.  I hope that you'll try one of these remedies! They work wonders. Let me know how it goes.
Gentle hugs and happy muscles to you!

PS A lot of your nerve endings are in your feet! So if your whole body is aching, a foot soak, rub, or massage will help your whole body. So get those husbands and boyfriends of yours to work on your feet!! =] 

5 comments:

  1. As I was reading your post I was thinking "your feet too.... your feet too... " hehehe then you brought up your feet.. yeah!! I lather on eucerin thickly and rub and rub and rub... it's so soothing. It's amazing how much tension you can relieve in your feet. Hugs. Tazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun.....have you tried adding a couple drops of Rosemary essential oil with a teaspoon of olive oil / almond oil to your bath? It works wonders for boosting your circulation, warming up your muscles and fab for the end of the day tiredness. (Only two drops mind!)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your wonderful notes!! Your feet are sooo important!! In fact mine hurt right now, I'm thinking a foot massage would be perfect!

    Karen, I haven't thought of that! I love essential oils, and am a firm believer in aromatherapy as well. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try.
    Gentle hugs to both of you!
    Tenina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tenina, thanks for the tips. My feet are the thing that often hurts the most (I just got so used to it), although today it is my neck and shoulders, I should try soaking my feet more often. I find Rosemary essential oil excellent when I have a headache and also a combination of lavender and peppermint- seems to revive and soothe at the same time. I take a magnesium supplement (has many other things in it) powder & vitamin C mixed with water twice a day and that seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet if you get your feet nice and relaxed. The rest of your body will feel better too!!!
    I love those supplements, they are absolutely great. Lavender is actually my favorite essential oil, i'll have to try it with peppermint sometime. That sounds fabulous!
    I hope you come back to read more!

    ReplyDelete