8.25.2010

All about me

As I'm starting to get to know other people, I am realizing that I haven't posted much about me.  There's a little bit more to me that just fibromyalgia.  Fibro is a part of me, but it is definitely not who I am.
I'm a college student, studying kinesiology,which is the study of human movement.  From there I plan to go on to physical therapy.  I've had so many people help me over my lifetime, that I feel like it's my turn to give back.  There is nothing more satisfying than to know I have helped someone feel better.  
When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina, and I was close on the path.  I danced for 17 years, and trained with some of the most prestigious dancers in the US.  I had to stop because of the fibro.  But I'm still convinced that the dance floor hasn't seen the last of me.  Every once in a while I try to go back to dance class, and a lot of the time I dance around the house.  You could say I'm a bedroom dancer. 
I have an amazing boyfriend, Julian, who has supported me in everything that I do for the last two years.  He helps me with my homework, puts up with my moods, does everything in his power to make my pain less when I hurt, holds me when I have a panic attack, plays games with me like a little kid when I'm bored, makes me laugh, takes care of me, and makes me incredibly happy.  I'll stop there before you all get nauseous. =]

I also have a wonderful family.  My parents have taken me to every doctor appointment, therapy, dance class, piano class, college, and on and on and on.  We're very close and I love them both dearly.  
I'm just all around a goofy, energetic, loving gal.  

I'd love to hear all about you and the things you enjoy doing even through your fibro!!

Gentle Hugs!


1 comment:

  1. HI JULIAN!!! <----Tammy waving at you!

    It's always good to know others are not throwing their hats in the ring. I know some days I'm able to sew & on others, not so much. I just use every good minute to the best of my ability. I think the longer we have these disorders, the more we learn about them. And blogging, my goodness, it's opened up a whole other format for us to learn about each other and how the disease affects each of us.

    lovely intro!

    now don't forget to put your name in for the GIVEAWAY!! Ends Friday.

    ReplyDelete