8.14.2010

Why?!

I've pretty much come to accept that I have fibromyalgia, and really bad flare-ups come with the territory.  I know that there are different things that can cause flare-ups, but I've never taken much thought as to what those things are.  Cold weather, rain, snow, sleet, a sudden change in weather, stress,  not sleeping, and being sick are all things that cause the pain to be worse.  For me they do at least.  Well, these past few days I have been in a lot of pain.  My boyfriend and my parents both asked me "Why are you hurting so much, you should be fine the weather is perfect, you don't have anything to be stressed about, there's no reason to hurt."  (Which of course is aggravating, I want to just scream at everyone and say I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA, OF COURSE I HURT!  That probably wouldn't not solve much though, so I held it in.) But then my boyfriend said something that got me thinking, he said if we could just figure out what's causing this flare up we could fix that problem and your pain could go away with it.  I think sometimes for those of us suffering with fibro we expect to hurt and instead of fighting it we just accept it.  In this case I ended up having a fever, and was probably a little bit sick. 
So today I hope you will take my boyfriend's advice and try to figure out what's causing the flare-up, and once you do fix it! I hope you have a great, pain free day! Gentle hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment