8.09.2010

Relax!!!

I was talking to a woman who also suffers from fibromyalgia the other day, and she was telling me about all kinds of things that have happened in her life because of the fibro.  As I listened all I could think was how stressful all that must be.  So here's the message I want to give all of you today, RELAX!!!!! Stress agitates your fibromyalgia, so the more you stress or panic or worry the more you're going to hurt.  (Which will probably lead to more stress, it's an endless cycle!)  So after you read this do something to spoil yourself a little bit.  Take a hot bath, or just soak your feet in warm water, curl up with your favorite book, watch a funny movie, go get a pedicure or manicure or massage and let your body and your mind relax a little bit. 
I strongly believe in aromatherapy as well.  Lavender is the best aroma for stress.  Try some lavender scents in your bath, or lavender candles or lotions.  My favorite lotions are the aromatherapy sleep lotions from bath and body works.  If you use any other aromas that help you relax let us know what you use!!
Acupuncture helps with stress as well.  Make sure to let your acupuncturist know that you have fibromyalgia along with a lot of stress.  There are special points in the ears that help relieve that stress.

One last thought for the day.  Some doctors believe that people with fibromyalgia have a shortage of vitamin D.  (If that thought makes you want to go buy supplements, make sure you have your doctor test your vitamin D levels first! I'm not here to tell anybody to take any kind of medication!!)  I noticed that on days when I was in a lot of pain it helped to go lay outside for a while.  The little bit of vitamin D coming from the sun, and all the fresh air was very beneficial.  Besides, it's no good to be locked up in the house feeling miserable all day!!

Make sure you all find a reason to laugh and smile every day. My thoughts are with you!! Gentle hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment